back to project list
Full Name: Integrated Silicon photonics for Cardiovascular Disease monitoring
- Universiteit Gent
- University College Cork - Tyndall National Institute
- Politecnico di Torino
- Microsemi Semiconductor Limited
- Argotech a.s.
- Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale
- Universiteit Maastricht
- The unmet need to accelerate the access for the medical community to a new prototype of a diagnostic device, based on a silicon photonics integrated circuit, able to identify and characterize different stages of cardiovascular diseases while proving its efficacy to drive the proper therapy adoption and to monitor its evolution, in order to reduce the healthcare costs and improve patients outcome, will be the rationale and driver of the proposed InSiDe project.
- Design, fabrication and test of the SiPh chip (iSiPP50G)
- Design of optical system
- Software for device operation and real-time data visualisation
Project Web site: http://www.inside-h2020.eu
Research topics involved
Publications in the framework of this project (4)
Y. Li, E. Dieussaert, R. Baets,
Miniaturization of Laser Doppler vibrometers - a review, Sensors, 22, p.4735 doi:10.3390/s22134735 (2022) .
Silvia Seoni, Simeon Beeckman, Y. Li, Soren Aasmul, Umberto Morbiducci, R. Baets, Pierre Boutouyrie, Filippo Molinari, Nilesh Madhu, Patrick Segers,
Template matching and Matrix Profile for Signal Quality Assessment of Carotid and Femoral Laser Doppler Vibrometer Signals, Frontiers in Physiology, 12, p.775052 doi:10.3389/fphys.2021.775052 (2022) .
Y. Li, R. Baets,
Nonlinear signal errors in homodyne laser Doppler vibrometry induced by strong second-order ghost reflections and their mitigation, Optics Express, 29(6), p.8283 - 8295 doi:10.1364/OE.418439 (2021) .
Y. Li, S. Aasmul, P. Morrissey, D. Carey, T. Wotherspoon, P. Zaruba, R. Baets,
Optimization of multi-beam silicon photonics based laser Doppler vibrometry for measuring cardiovascular signals on bare skin, Photonics West BiOS, 11621, p.116210A doi:10.1117/12.2577159 (2021) .